Thursday, December 1

Apothecary Art Keepsake Box


The products in the upcoming mini catalog are just stunning! It is torture waiting for my goodies to arrive! I love the fact that so many of the new sets are available as MDS digital downloads! Woo Hoo Instant Gratification! I'm sure you are going to love the new mini as much as I do. I hope to have more time to play but my to do list is crazy right now! I'm sure you can relate. Be back soon...I hope. :)

p.s. This is my first picture using the new lens my Hero bought me! What do you think?

EDIT: I have had some requests for instructions so here they are!

Supplies- Beau Chateau DSP, Apothecary Art Stamp Set or MDS, Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Antique Brads, Soft Suede & Basic Gray Ink, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pear Pizzaz, Daffodil Delight, & Old Olive Markers, Pearls, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Tombo Multi Glue, 4" Paper Mache Box

You will need to cut:
1  circle (cut with Clear Circle die)
1 12 x 1 3/4 DSP
2 6 1/2 x 1/2 DSP

Step One: Stamp image in Basic Gray, color & cut out. Sponge with Soft Suede. Add pearls.

Step Two: Attach large DSP strip around the bottom of the box with Sticky Strip. You will need the 2 little strips to fit around the lid since it measures more then 12". Attach the circle with the Tombo glue. Sponge all egdes with Soft Suede.

Step Three: Make the bow with 4 loops & open the brad legs to wrap around the center of your bow to secure. Cut a small piece of ribbon, fold in to a v shape & tape to the back of your image toward the bottom. Attach the image with dimensionals. Use hot glue to put on the bow.

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. I hope you won't mind if I case it. I will share that I was inspired by you! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally fabulous! Your instructions are very clear, and the project seems really manageable. I'm a hobby demo, and Santa will be bringing me the new Apothecary Art set and the Framelits, so this is something I'd love to try -- thanks so much for providing us with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stumbled upon this on scs today, Mercedes... absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Will give it a try! How exactly do you do the bow?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Its much appreciated!